The MSTP program is not accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The ASU MSTP provides professional education for students seeking advanced public, nonprofit or private sector careers in science and technology policy and related fields in the United States and abroad. Students will learn essential skills, knowledge and methods for analyzing innovation, expertise, and large-scale technological systems. Particular emphasis is placed on the political and societal contexts of science and technology and their impacts on society. The program features a one year, cohort-based program designed to attract students of the highest caliber in their early- to mid-careers.
Students will acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- analysis of knowledge systems sustaining policy decisions
- analysis of scientific and technological innovation systems
- analysis of the social and policy dimensions and implications of large-scale technological systems
- skills in collaborative, team-based analysis of science and technology policy problems
- skills in effective professional communication
- understanding of the theoretical foundations of the interactions between science and technology and the society from which they emerge
- understanding of U.S. and, where appropriate to a student’s career interests, international science and technology policies and the processes that generate them