About the SFIS Academy
The School for the Future of Innovation in Society Academy is a community of high-achieving, socially embedded undergraduate students. The academy fosters academic success, leadership skills, community engagement, persistence to graduate, and reaching goals beyond graduation.
Continuing students (sophomores, juniors, seniors or students with more than 12 credit hours completed at ASU), may be invited to join the academy if they meet the eligibility requirements listed below.(note: the application below is restricted to ASU users and you must be logged into your ASURite account before viewing it)
Eligible students must complete the SFIS Academy eligibility application prior to April 1 to be considered for the next academic year. Students will receive an email confirming their membership in the Academy for the following year and will be invited to attend an Orientation.
- Undergraduate School for the Future of Innovation in Society student
- At least 12 credit hours completed at ASU
- Participation in community service (volunteer opportunities can be found at volunteer.asu.edu )
- Must attend four (4) SFIS lectures/events
- Demonstrated leadership experience (juniors and seniors)
Maintaining membership/annual review
To maintain membership in the academy, students must complete the SFIS Academy Eligibility Application and meet eligibility requirements by March 1st of each year.
Benefits may include:
- Invitation to annual reception
- Development challenges including relationship building with faculty, networking with local professionals, and participation in mentorship programs
- The opportunity to gain additional knowledge, skills, and leadership experience
- Access to special engagements and campus events