HSD students take advantage of research centers of national excellence.
- Consortium for Science, Policy, and Outcomes
- Center for Biology and Society
- Center for Nanotechnology in Society
- Center for Law, Science, and Innovation
- Lincoln Center for Applied Ethics
- Center for Science and the Imagination
HSD faculty members have homes in a number of campus schools. HSD students will find colleagues in these schools too.
- School of Politics and Global Studies
- School of Historical, Philosophical, and Religious Studies
- School of Human Evolution and Social Change
- School of Letters and Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Social Transformation
HSD students actively participate in a number of research areas.
- Bioscience, Ethics, Policy and Law
- Ecology, Economics, and Ethics of the Environment
- Healthy and Just Societies
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Responsible Innovation
- Science, Technology and Global Affairs
- Securing Our Common Future
- Sustainability and Adaptability
- Technological Systems and Infrastructures